Insolvency law has faced quite a shake-up in recent years and continues to do so as we await a whole new set of Insolvency Rules. This certificate course is primarily aimed at practitioners in other fields who come across insolvent situations in their practice and wish to develop their knowledge and experience.
It is tailored specifically for non-contentious lawyers. There is a complementary Certificate in Insolvency Litigation and the 2 courses can be attended together for a complete overview of insolvency law and practice.
At the end of the course, delegates will be in a position to advise their clients on the law and practice and also be in a position to maximise recoveries and look at alternative methods of enforcement.
• An introduction to the different insolvency regimes (personal and corporate)
• Administration law generally to include an up to date analysis of law and practice around pre-pack administrations
• Property law and insolvency
• Employment law and insolvency
• Piercing the corporate veil; getting at the directors personally
• Creditors' rights under the different insolvency regimes
• Getting the most out of the insolvency practitioner - his role and duties, and what happens if you are dissatisfied?
- Funding Insolvency litigation; the changing landscape.