Develop an effective, strategic approach by learning from every one of your cases.
This interactive workshop for more experienced practitioners deconstructs the preparation of a contested financial remedy case. Using a detailed case study, the workshop starts at the end of proceedings and traces the process backwards. In light of the final outcome delegates will consider whether the case could have been handled differently, whether other case management directions should have been sought to achieve a better result.
What You Will Learn:
• Which documents are required for effective preparation of contested final hearing
• How to manage client expectation on outcomes
• Tips for drafting
• Best practice from final hearing to FDR - agreeing trial bundles and dealing with offers to settle, both open offers and without prejudice offers in the context of the case study
• How to be pro-active after FDR
• Preparation and advocacy points for FDA and FDR
• Reviewing financial information after exchange of Form E
• Timing tactics: when to make your application
This course is ideal for:
Partners | Associates | Lawyers with experience of family finance work seeking to take their practice to the next level.
“Mena is by far the best course lecturer I have experienced - very interesting and good at keeping people engaged.”