This is the first day of a two-day intensive revision and exam preparation course presented by the Chief Assessor of the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme.
Click here to view Day 2
Designed to maximise your chance of success in the exam, the course will explain the new candidates’ exam guidance, focusing on the permitted materials and sources.
There will also be a detailed review of the areas of law and practice which form the syllabus for the exam. The course has been designed so that candidates can choose to attend one or both days:
• Legal Aid overview:
- Scope, Means & Merits
- Contractual requirements
• International Protection:
- Asylum law and procedure
- Exclusion, cessation and revocation
- Subsidiary protection
- Family Reunion
- Human Rights
- Rights and grounds of appeal.
• Asylum Support
• Offences and Professional conduct
• Immigration Rules overview and parts 1 and 9;
- Automatic deportation, public good deportation, EEA deportation.
• Detention and bail - powers and procedure
• EEA Regulations overview
• Domestic Violence:
- DV applications within the Rules and under the concession.
- DV provisions for EEA citizens and their family members.
• Human Trafficking:
- Law, policy and procedure
- Administrative Review
- Judicial review