The new SRA Competence Framework makes it clear that solicitors must be able to “draft documents which are legally effective and accurately reflect the client's instructions” and also undertake “effective…..written advocacy”. This workshop, aimed at paralegals, trainee and junior solicitors will help you develop the key competence in drafting statements of case, requests for information and witness statements. You'll grow in confidence and look forward to demonstrating your skills.
Topics covered include:
• Endorsing the claim form - avoid the pitfalls of Nomura
• Statements of case - contract/tort/breach of statutory duty
• Identifying the cause of action and avoiding abuse of process
• Defences and tactical drafting
• Part 20 claims
• Requests for Further Information - are they an own goal?
• Admissions: recent changes on when to use them
• Amendments: do’s and don’ts
• Drafting witness statements - tips and traps
• Skeleton arguments demystified
Previous delegates have said "A very good course. Excellent presentation and content"