Private children law has changed significantly with the coming into force of The Children and Families Act. The contact and residence orders are dead and the child arrangement order is born. The consideration of mediation is now compulsory and Legal Aid has all but vanished.
These are challenging times for lawyers dealing with private children law and this course will tackle the real issues that confront you in practice on a regular basis. This half day course will review the recent case law and consider the Child Arrangements Programme to get you up to speed in this new regime.
What You Will Learn:
• The new provisions of the Children & Families Act in private law
• The workings of parental responsibility - including step-parents and same sex couples
• The provisions of the new Child Arrangements Programme
• Gatekeeping, allocation and timetabling under the new programme
• The consequences of the end of residence and contact orders
• Specific Issue Orders - religious and educational upbringing
• Relocation within the UK
• International Relocation - the latest case law
• Dealing with litigants in person and McKenzie Friends
• Costs orders
This course is for all family lawyers, trainees, paralegals and legal executives wanting to update their knowledge of private law children work.
Attend 'Private Child Law Update' and 'Public Child Law Update' on the same day and RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY LUNCH