The Children and Families Act is here, implementing the PLO and formalising other changes. Case law in this area has also been developing apace, giving guidance on important aspects of this area of work.
This day course is designed to bring you, the busy practitioner, up to date on the key issues that impact on your day to day practice of public law. The significant changes to legislation, to procedure and the recent case law will be dealt with in a practical and informative training session.
What You Will Learn:
• The key elements of the Children and Families Act
• Procedure now that the PLO is finalised
• Threshold criteria - shared care cases
• Instruction of Experts; the new regime
• Interim orders - The Human Rights Act injunction
• The current public funding issues
• Professional Privilege - the pitfalls
• S.38(6) orders - A creative approach
• Costs orders
• An overview of recent cases in public law
• Detailed understanding of the recent leading cases
This course is for all family lawyers, trainees, paralegals and legal executives wanting to update their knowledge of public law children work.
"Very clear, concise and helpful - Open to questions and advice"
Attend ‘Public Child Law Update’ and 'Private Child Law Update' on the same day and RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY LUNCH