Supporting paralegals nationally and internationally
The government recognised Institute of Paralegals (IoP) is the only Institute for paralegals in the UK.
The IoP is a rapidly growing professional body and it is frequently consulted by government and regulators on matters involving paralegals.
We encourage all legal practitioners without a professional home to join the IoP as it is committed to supporting individual paralegals and protecting and promoting the paralegal profession.
Individual members get numerous benefits:
- Enhanced career prospects
- Increased credibility
- A career structure
- £300 worth of online training annually
- Legal updater service and monthly newsletter
- Affilate membership of the New York City Paralegal Association
Membership starts from less than £5.00 per month
There are advantages for employers too:
- Risk reduction through increased paralegal professionalism
- Enhanced professional qualifications allows higher charge-out rates
- Aids creation of a standardised core skills set in your work force
- Helps attract, retain and motivate fee-earners
- Guidance on paralegal professional development
- Qualified support teams bolsters your reputation with clients
Membership of the IoP provides professional recognition of expertise with a designation and a multitude of membership benefits.
Members can join at the following levels:
- Affiliate member
- Associate Paralegal (A.Inst.Pa)
- Qualified Paralegal (Q.Inst.Pa)
- Fellow of the IoP (F.Inst.Pa.)
For more information visit www.theiop.org or call +44 (0)20 3034 1487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't take our word for it...
Make sure you have a CLT answer when a prospective client or employer asks what legal qualifications you have.
David Holland, CEO, Institute of Paralegals