The SRA regulations on continuing professional development for solicitors have changed.
From 1 November, you will no longer have to undertake 16 hours’ CPD a year. Instead, you must complete an annual declaration that you have undertaken enough learning and development to remain competent.
Are you ready for the new regime?
This recorded workshop explains the new system of continuing competence and walks you through the SRA’s competence statement. It outlines the responsibilities that you and your firm have under the new regime and demonstrates how you can really benefit from well-planned learning and development activity.
- The new SRA system: what you have to do and by when;
- Understanding the ‘reflective’ learning cycle – how to make development activity effective;
- Competencies and the new SRA framework – using them effectively;
- Identifying your learning needs and planning training and development;
- Development methods and effectiveness.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Interpret the new SRA system: what you have to do and by when to be compliant;
- Understand the ‘reflective’ learning cycle – how to make development activity effective;
- Use the competencies and the new SRA framework to plan development activity;
- Identify your learning needs and plan training and development;
- Appraise development methods and how effectively they meet your learning goals;
- Consider how you/your firm can measure and demonstrate compliance with the new regime.
Who should watch?
- Managing Partners/Training Partners, Partners
- Team Leaders
- HR/training/practice managers
- Individual solicitors interested in their own continuing development
The workshop includes comprehensive course materials.
- 1.5 hours
Sorry, there are no available speakers
Sorry, there are no upcoming events to book