An indispensable, practical guide to Land Registry procedures for family lawyers.
Family practitioners deal with a variety of property issues, preserving and protecting property in cohabitation and divorce cases. It is essential that they understand the effects of the orders they obtain and what steps need to be taken to protect their client’s position, even where the transactional work will be dealt with by a property lawyer.
Keeping up to date in this difficult area can be a challenge, so this webinar brings together the expertise of a property lawyer and land registrar to focus on the needs of the family lawyer.
It will help firms manage risk more effectively by covering common pitfalls and misconceptions.
- Official copies, plans, searching the index of proprietors.
- Protecting personal interests;
- Home rights, notices and restrictions.
- Protecting interests in land;
- Agreed and unilateral notices, restrictions, overriding interests.
- Use of outline applications
- Protection of trusts
This webinar is suitable for all lawyers, trainees, paralegals, legal executives and support staff dealing with Land Registry applications.